Monday, January 09, 2006

"It's a Brand New Caaaar!"


So, guess what I did?

Car had been diagnosed with fatal engine disease. He needed a new motor, which at $1500-$2000 was far more than Car was worth. Given that I drive 20 miles to the Metro every day to get to work (on I-95, no less) we needed something a bit more reliable.

So we started shopping. We weren't going to buy anything yet, just get a feel for what was out there that I could fit into (I'm 6'6", have I mentioned?) - I was interested in both the Nissan Xterra and the Jeep Liberty, neither of which (as it turns out) I can fit into well.

Long story short, we tried a few dealers and then went to Carmax in Laurel to try a number of different cars. Turns out this Carmax is the largest one in the nation, so we tried quite a few cars. This one was a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox that's still under manufacturer's warranty and has low mileage, and we got it at a decent price.

My first-ever new car! Even if it is used, it's the first time I've bought a car that was within five years of release.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I occasionally post about your cat woes, but now I can probably be a bit more helpful. I own EquinoxOwnersClub.com, which is a site for Chevy Equinox Owners. We've got news, repair bulletins, ideas for sprucing up your 'Nox, etc. Drop by and upload a photo of your new car to the gallery!

January 12, 2006 2:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how long before the taint sets in on this vehicle? :)

January 23, 2006 9:46 AM

 
Blogger Fogger said...

There will be not taint in this vehicle, sir! It has been decreed!

January 23, 2006 9:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the funny thing about taint, it doesn't really listen to fancy-schmancy decree thingies. I look forward to your first taint-related post. ;)

January 24, 2006 2:52 PM

 
Blogger Fogger said...

Feh. You don't seem to understand - this is a new car. There's no residual taint left over from anyone else. It is pristine. It shall remain untainted.

BTW, I can't post on your blog because of your security measures. :P

January 25, 2006 9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.what sorts of trouble are you getting into? Is it that damn graphic? I fucking hate that thing...

January 25, 2006 11:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

moon phase