Monday, February 05, 2007

If it ain't one thing...

Saturday we painted, because what better time to paint than when you don't care if you ruin the carpeting?

We did some spackling around vents, so we had to turn off the heater so that it wasn't blowing at us the whole time. I had to remove a light fixture from the ceiling, so I turned off a circuit breaker so I didn't get fried. We also opened the doors to make sure we had some airflow with the paint fumes, thinking we didn't want to get high or kill the birds. Somewhere in all of that, the heater stopped working. Permanently.

so the weather stations are talking about unseasonably low temperatures for this time of year, and our heat isn't working. The 24-hour emergency help lines are useless, as each and every one of them told us "we can't come out unless we've done service for you before". Well, thanks for nothing.

Cost to replace the heater - $2700. Woo!

I'll have a full update on the flood soon, but I figured people might be amused by my ongoing misfortune. :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

moon phase