Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Now Reading (September '07)

Missed July, August and much of September - honestly, it was yesterday's Robert Jordan post that reminded me.

  • Finished the Vorkosigan Saga back in July.
  • Read a few of the Xeelee Sequence books by Stephen Baxter - Vacuum Diagrams and Timelike Infinity. Can't find Raft, Flux or Ring, sadly.
  • Re-read a LOT of graphic novels over the summer: Astro City, Grant Morrison's JLA and New X-Men, Warren Ellis's run on The Authority, Fables, Preacher, Rising Stars, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.
  • Trying to make my way through Ken McLeod's Fall Revolution and Engines of Light books, and I'm discovering that his style just doesn't work for me.
  • Read Coyote and Coyote Rising by Allen Steele; waiting for Coyote Frontier and The Tranquility Alternative. Not what I was expecting, but good. Quite good.
  • Found a copy of Empire by Orson Scott Card at Half Price Books and re-read it; good stuff.
  • Just started Julian May's Saga of Pliocene Exile series - not far enough in to have an opinion.
  • I know I'm forgetting some, but if I can't remember them they probably weren't worth noting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

moon phase