Wednesday, April 05, 2006

01:02:03 04/05/06

It amazes me how much attention this is getting. At least three of the Yahoo groups I'm on have posted this, and Fox News last night had a story on the "unique" and "special" event that was going to happen twice today that we'll never see again in our lifetimes (some were saying it would never happen again). My issues with this:
  • Lots of people use different ways to record the time (for instance, the date/month/year standard used by many Europeans and some militaries). So May 4 will see some people 'celebrating' this, and some already have on February 3 of 2001.
  • It's going to happen twice in every time zone.
  • It's totally arbitrary and has no real significance!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Amen Fogger ... Time is just a number. It will happen for you before it does for me, which will happen before it does for Mike out in the desert!
It is totally irrelevant.

-Dave-

April 05, 2006 11:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll stay in bed on 06/06/06, who knows what people will do that day. I bet they'll even raise the threat level. Personally, I'm considering creating my own calendar.

-Sarah

April 05, 2006 8:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

moon phase