Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Fun Continues

Furnace was supposed to be delivered & installed on Tuesday February 6. Truck carrying the furnace broke down and they let us know they had to delay it by a day.

Carpet & floors were supposed to be done on the 8th, with a service appointment sometime between 8 and 10 am. When no one had arrived by 10:30, my wife called the flooring company to be told that the carpet they ordered was defective, and they had to get us the right stuff. We want the right carpet but a call would've been nice, as Heather had to rearrange her schedule to be able to meet them. Rescheduled for the 9th, between 8-9 (she had a meeting that day that she had to leave for around 9:30).

9:30 arrival time for the floorers on the 9th. Carpeting is installed but when I arrive at home that afternoon I'm told that the baseboards that came in were the wrong ones. No problem, someone will be out the next week, they'll call us early in the week to schedule. Not a big deal. Then when they're leaving and the kitchen & bathroom floors aren't done I'm told that the guys who are out "aren't comfortable doing the floors" as they're "not good at those types of flooring". Okay - why am I just hearing about this now?

But wait, it gets better.

No call by Tuesday the 13th to schedule, so Heather calls them. We're told it'll probably be Thursday and "someone will call to confirm by 3pm on Wednesday". Wednesday night comes, no call confirming. Thursday, no flooring people. Heather calls Thursday to find out what's going on. They call back on Thursday night and I get the phone. Turns out it was a miscommunication or something. I ask to have the owner call me, as I'd like to get some things straightened out. He calls while I'm at work and apologizes all over the place to Heather. He swears that the work will be 100% done by Friday.

But wait - there's more.

Friday comes, and the same two guys who couldn't do the work on the 9th, one week earlier, come back and do the floors in the kitchen and the bathroom. They left glue all over the kitchen floor where they were working and a gap betwen the baseboards and the laminate in the bathroom - I can see why they weren't comfortable doing the work previously, as it's kind of a mess now. Still no baseboards. No transition pieces between the carpet and kitchen either (dunno what they're called in flooring language). No indication of when we'll see those, either.

I call the flooring company and ask for the owner, and thus begins a several day process of "I've asked him to call you" excuses. The lady was very nice and seemed very concerned, but I've still received nothing and it's now Tuesday. He was going to call me on Friday, he was going to call me on Saturday, he was he was he was. Zip. Nada. Nothing.

Ugh. Did I mention that the insurance company has given us a total amount, but no idea when to expect the check? This is getting expensive.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh...how frustrating.

February 21, 2007 8:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that when you got rid of the "car taint," your bad luck with the objects of modern living was done. Don't tell me you know have house taint!

February 22, 2007 12:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

House taint maxed!

dude that sucks. Do they know how big you are and you can easly crush their faces?

February 26, 2007 9:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

moon phase