Monday, December 27, 2004

Happy Holidays

Allow me to play devil's advocate to my own last post by introducing this link to Mike Gold's blog. Wonderful statement on the hypocrisy of many Christians' take on "freedom of religion".

I particularly liked the following:
"The very first article in the Bill of Rights is, and I quote: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Damn, that’s eloquent. It’s the greatest, most inspirational sentence ever written in any language, in my humble opinion. And nowhere does it say “but only for Christians.”


as well as:

The number one character trait of religious bigots: if you publicly disagree with them, then they say you are denying them their religious freedom and, therefore, YOU are the bigot.
But go read it for yourself, so I don't have to quote it to you.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

moon phase