Unjust rumors have circulated of late, and I'm here to put them straight...
- Two chairs were broken in a recent meeting at the PTO, within about ten minutes of each other. The first saw the back support breaking, causing the back to flop around and provide no support whatsoever. The second saw the back completely separate from the rest of the chair, and I wound up flat on my back.
- Broke two different chairs at the front desk of Lincoln Tower at OSU - broke a caster off of one and an arm off of the other.
- Broke a chair in the Drake Union theater - one of the hinged theater seats broke completely free from both sides and dropped me straight on my butt during a free showing of Mission Impossible.
- Broke a chair/desk (one of those integrated things) during an astronomy lecture - there were only six students in the class, so when the front legs collapsed and I fell forward, everyone noticed. Which was good, since I needed help getting out of the wreckage of the chair.
- Broke a desk chair at home when I was in high school. Just had the legs splinter due to my leaning back in it.
- Broke my first office chair at college. Don't even remember how.
- Had an office chair break completely off of the stand that connected it to the casters - that one was kind of cool looking.
- Had another office chair break, but this one had that stand/pole break free from the support and come straight up through the middle of the seat. While I was sitting in it. I've never wanted to be touched like that...
- Broke one of those molded plastic one piece chairs at the apartment on Northwood (in Columbus) when the right side legs sheared away from the rest of the chair.